Water Pipe Solutions
Ensure Safe Drinking Water for Your City
Transferring your city’s water supply to the end user is a huge responsibility, and keeping the pipe network safe for consumers is something Quam knows a lot about.
Quam utilizes a variety of technologies to best meet your community needs, and we are happy to have our seasoned project managers meet with you to review your unique situation and provide diagnostic suggestions.
With municipal budgets being tight don’t replace pipe unnecessarily; use trenchless solutions to renew and rehabilitate pipes to extend the life of the pipe and improve your community’s water quality.
The need for efficient and economical solutions for renewing, replacing, and up-grading our water systems are no longer a problem to be dealt with in the future. Pipe bursting is a respected technique with engineers in the water side of our industry, and with over 20 years’ of bursting experience in the field – Quam can help you take the leap of faith in updating your system.
Pipe Bursting Water Pipes allows you to replace and upsize underground pipe systems while avoiding the amount of excavation required by traditional methods. This no-dig process simultaneously inserts a new pipe in place of the old one with minimal surface disruption.
- Replace buried pipelines with minimal trenching
- Perfect for busy cities of any size
- Replace or repair failing, outdated, or undersized systems
- Up-size existing systems from underground
- Managed by a team of experienced professionals with modern equipment and top techniques
HDD (Horizontal Directional Drilling)
Quam utilizes horizontal directional drilling to install water main infrastructures when other methods are not possible such as, for environmentally protected areas, shore approaches, roadways, and congested areas. This process allows Quam to install a pipe in a narrow arc through a drilling rig that produces minimal impact to the area. By using this technique, Quam provides less traffic and environment disruption, lowers costs, and reduces project completion times.
SIPP (Spray-in-Place Pipeline)
Water Pipe Renewal is a cost effective option to ensure the safety of your community’s water supply when pipe integrity does not require replacement. 3M™ Scotchkote™ Pipe Renewal Liner 2400 is an innovative and affordable technology that allows municipalities to restore existing pipes with minimal digging, which refreshes the safety of their water for decades to come.
Quam crews start by removing the tuberculation, then cleaning and drying the inside of the pipe. Then, as an official 3M™ authorized applicator, we begin applying the fast-drying SIPP liner – a process that allows sections of your water system to be carefully restored in as little as 24 hours.
Scotchkote™ Pipe Renewal Liner 2400
- Is composed of nothing but safety-tested, eco-friendly materials
- Eliminates the need for additional connection repairs in the case of future expansions
- Significantly reduces the number of trenches needed
- Is perfect for both small and large infrastructures
- Makes old pipes safe again, no matter what material they’re constructed of
- Ensures clean, odor-free color-free water
- Gives you 24 hours to a restored water system with full flow and no leaks, significantly reducing your city’s restoration downtime
- Solves established issues or can be applied for preventative maintenance
- Resists future buildup, reduces the instances of leaking and water waste, and reinforces the structure of your entire pipe system